Free Thought

Friday, May 19, 2006

The card conundrum

My inclinations towards thought and rumination - not to be confused with day dreaming - which have lead to the rechristening of my blog but a short while back - have lead me to decorate the title of this post with the word "conundrum". But I digress - let me to my main thought stream return.

The average Indian IT engineer is constantly pursued by hawks eager to sell her (a concession to my raving female audience) credit cards of all shapes, sizes (yes, there ARE 2 sizes for credit cards) and credit limits. The culture shock that one talks about when a desi visits the US has very little to do with blondes in bikinis (almost everyone has seen baywatch and this is a rare sight in a town 30 miles inland) and has a lot more to do with the alien concept of credit history.

Yes, the concept of having to shell out $500 as a collateral for a "secured" credit card is alien to me! The benefits of building a credit history have been hawked to me many a time by T but my efforts to do so have been crippled by P (procrastination). Perhaps, Freud would have diagnosed the underlying symptom of P to be my inability to come to terms with my social degradation from an animal of plenty (of credit) to an animal of poverty (of credit again).

Mischief managed! Until next time...

3 Comments:

  • ha ha HD... keep writing
    - PMC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

  • Guess who this is...

    By Blogger PizzaDude, at 9:47 PM  

  • why are you not writing? its been a very long time....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home