Free Thought

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The shore

Stream of consciousness - penned four to five years ago after an expedition to the Beasant nagar beach in Chennai @ 11PM.

The sands, they spread before us, beckoning us to the sea
The lights, they glowed dimly, setting a mood very eerie
The waves beat the sandbanks, the wind bellowed around
The sands were still uncannily, crabs crawled uninvitingly

There sat we upon the shore
Trying to figure out why we were here
The mysteries of life vast as the ocean
Mocking at our endeavours

The tombs of sailors of past and yore
The boats of fishermen like wrecks ashore
The lights of ships sailing far away
Into realms unknown, let my thoughts astray

Who am I? but a grain of sand!
Who am I? but a drop in the ocean!
Dream on but conquer me you never shall,
Said mighty nature to I the insignificant man

Maelstorm of melancholy, handle you i can't
So we trudged away frm the dark
The walk was better more soothing on the mind
But never shall that night my memory unfind.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home