Free Thought

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Writer's blog!

Many a raindrop in bangalore has been shed
Many a sky has gone grey from red
But for many a day words have been clogged
And I put it all down to writer's blog!

The promise of waxing eloquent over calvin, it seems, has become my biggest bane. And yet, as I muse in front of my screen this morning, my biggest boon, it is. Let me explain this conundrum. When I posted, I was at the height of my literary excitement. Words were gushing forth like a Bangalore storm water drains in spate. I committed to the topic of my next post, which would be devoted to two of my fave topics - Calvin and the fine exalted art of hyperbole - and the interrelation between them.

The events that unfolded thereafter, were however not entirely expected. I was to suffer the, insufferable, that scourge of all those desirous in some way of putting pen to paper, or finger to keyboard. I was struck by a severe case of writer's blog! (sic)

What is writer's block? And what the hell is writer's BLOG? A typo? A desperate attempt by a psychiatrrist to publish a paper in "Million Dollar Disorders of the 22nd century and beyond"?
Neither of the above, im afraid.

The writer's block - a condition wherein one is incapable of translating thought to paper for a variety of possible reasons - is best illustrated by Calvin. Calvin goes up to Hobbes and says "Check out my new invention!" (a block of wood) "I call it writer's block - when you want to stop writing, place it on your desk!" Thats a great example of out-of-the-block thinking!!

The writer's blog is a term I devised to describe the condition of one who has comitted to the world to share his/her literary genius (we're all geniuses to ourselves, y' know) and reneges on it out of fear - fear of comittment, fear of not posting material of some standard, fear of muscular movement (also known as laziness), and so on.

In posting this article, I have vanquished many such foes within, and anyone with perception would note the committment to write about calvin has, to some extent been met. As for hyperbole, not a word about it has been written anywhere, yet in every word it resides! Go figure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home